Schedule Changes &
Free Fecal Examination Information
ATTENTION: Our office will be closed from Friday June 30th through Monday July 10th. We will reopen Tuesday July 11th. Our phone/text will be off during these days as well.
ON TUESDAYS THE OFFICE OPENS AT 1 PM INSTEAD OF 10 AM - WE ARE IN SURGERY IN THE MORNING.
FREE FECAL EXAMINATION INFORMATION
Hookworm Resistance Evaluation
Hookworms are a very serious intestinal parasite that can cause diarrhea (with blood/mucous), vomiting, weight loss, lethargy (low energy), anemia, and even death. We have been very fortunate that routine dewormers have been effective but, unfortunately, in the last couple of years hookworms are starting to show resistance to these dewormers.
All pet owners (even indoor only cat owners) need to be aware of this and be proactive regarding hookworms. Do not assume because deworming protocols have worked in the past they will continue to do so. Furthermore, more hookworm eggs will be in the environment as well.
In an effort to protect the health of our pets and to gather more information regarding this resistance, starting March 5th we are offering FREE fecal examination for intestinal parasite to all dogs and cats.
To be eligible for the free fecal examination you must:
(1) Fill out thoroughly and accurately Questionnaire 1 (see below)
(2) Collect a fresh (6 hours old or less) fecal sample
(3) Place the fecal sample into a closed ziploc bag
(4) Place the sealed ziploc bag and the completed questionnaire into another ziploc bag.
(5) Bring the fecal sample and questionnaire into our office (279 Briarwood Circle, Hinesville, GA 31313) on Tuesdays & Wednesdays between 11 am and 3:30 pm.
*** Incomplete questionnaires or inadequate samples will eliminate eligibility ***
If you are not able to participate in our free fecal examination but still want to participate in our study we would welcome your information as well. Please fill out Questionnaire 2 including the results from a recent (within 30 days) fecal examination and email to firstname.lastname@example.org